How much is my bar design really going to cost?
If you’re a bar, hotel or restaurant owner, learn the insider secrets of how much bar design, consulting, bar equipment design and luxury bar design costs.
HOW MUCH IS MY BAR DESIGN REALLY GOING TO COST?
Today we’re going to answer the question: “How much is my bar design really going to cost?” There are many factors that differentiate the cost to design any given bar. My goal in this post is to explain our general pricing guidelines for professional bar design.
Commercial bar design can encompass many subtle and complex features that many may not notice or even understand. There are many factors that affect the cost of bar design, but here are the top three things we need to know to get started:
- What will be the shape of your new bar – will the bar be L-shaped, rectangular, oval, curved or circular?
- Will your new bar be a free-standing island bar or will it be installed against a wall?
- Will the new bar have a draft beer system?
At this point, we’re just beginning to scratch the surface. Actually, there are many features our clients request for their new bars and these all impact the price of our bar design service. Pricing and services subject to change without notice.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF BAR DESIGN SERVICES AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
We offer four types of bar design services:
- Bar consulting
- Bar equipment design
- Standard bar design
- Luxury bar design
- Basic bar layout.
- Draft beer system planning.
- Help you complete your unfinished bar plan.
- Create a dining seating plan.
- Create a budget for a new bar with basic food service.
The bar consulting service is geared for the do-it-yourselfer and those who are seeking preliminary information for purchasing or starting a bar or restaurant/bar.
Pricing for our Bar Consulting service ranges from $100 – $500.
Bar Equipment Design
This service is geared for the do-it-yourself crowd that wants to finish their bar but is in need of expertise to help them complete the 2D aspect of their bar layout, from the bar top-down.
For instance, if you’re merely stuck on the bar equipment itself, we could simply provide you with a basic bar equipment plan and equipment schedule, delivered to you in a scaled architectural plan in PDF.
We can also provide you with the following optional services:
- Fine-tune your bar layout with recommendations for POS equipment and draft beer tower locations.
Pricing ranges from $200 – $300
- Create plans for construction of bar base and bar tops.
Pricing ranges from $500 – $750
- Provide details for one (1) built-in ADA accommodation.
Pricing ranges from $200 – $300
Base Price: $1,500 for a standard 2-station bar
NOTE: Pricing normally ranges up to $2,500, but could be greater, depending on selected options (SEE LUXURY BAR DESIGN FOR OPTIONS).
Standard Bar Design
Our Standard Bar Design service offers a fully-engineered bar plan and is geared for smaler venues looking for a value solution.
We’ll create a concept for a 2-station bar and include the following
- Develop a set of plans for construction, including section views, elevations and details.
- Include details for the construction of one (1) built-in ADA accommodation.
- Develop bar façade.
- Footrest design.
- Simple back bar plan with TV equipment recommendations and locations.
- Bar top plan (see image, right).
- Framing plan (for stick-built bars).
- Equipment plan.
- POS station locations.
- Equipment schedule and manufacturer’s cut sheets.
Base Price: $3,000
NOTE: most of our standard bar designs range from $3,500 – $5,500; island bars and other options are extra and are listed in the ‘Luxury Bar Service’ section.
For those who don’t want the headaches associated with managing complex purchasing, most of our clients find this service to be invaluable. With this service, we’ll solicit many of our specified items for pricing. We then review the quotes and submit to the clients. This is a complex task that includes comparing the quotes to our plans, review shop drawings and provide delivery information. During the course of all this, we manage all communication with the selling entities, which also invariably includes clarifications and corrections. The simple fact is many Owners don’t understand all the various forms of equipment, much less know where to purchase, and all related knowledge required to interpret the complex information. This includes bar equipment, specialty fabrications, draft beer systems (and related hardware), ice machines, walk-in coolers and various bar finishes.
What Procurement Services Cost
With our procurement service, our clients can focus their attention to that which they know best, which is managing their own businesses. The cost of our procurement services varies, but can be provided for a fixed price and generally averages between 3% – 4% of the related equipment cost. For smaller projects, this service begins at $1,000.
Luxury Bar Design
If you own a hotel or luxury restaurant and desire a luxurious, unique bar, we can certainly fulfill your needs. Our luxury bar designs are geared for larger, more exclusive venues.
Our luxury bar designs are differentiated primarily by size, detail and finish and will generally encompass many of the following options:
2. Island bar upgrade
Pricing ranges from $1,000 – $3,500
3. Custom back bar design from iron, architectural metal or architectural glass (sew photo below right)
Pricing ranges from $1,000 – $5,500
5. Custom soffits for built-in TV’s (typical detail for Starwood Hotels per photo above, left)
Pricing ranges from $1,000 – $3,000
6. Modular bar die (in lieu of stick-built bar base) with removable panel schedule.
Pricing ranges from $800 – $1,500
8. Custom POS station cabinet design (see photo at right)
Pricing ranges from $300 – $600
9. Backlit bar tops (see photo below right).
Pricing ranges from $500 – $1,000
11. Counterbalanced bar gate lift assist (see photo below right)
Pricing ranges from $300 – $600
12. Built-in soda systems.
Pricing ranges from $1,000 – $1,500
14. Draft beer walls.
Pricing ranges from $500 – $4,500
Base Price: $4,000
NOTE: pricing for our Luxury Bar Design service typically ranges from $5,500 – $14,000, but could be greater, depending on options.
If you’d like to know more about bar equipment cost, bar construction costs, draft beer systems and that type of thing, then you’ve got to check-out the articles (below) on the start-up costs to opening a bar or restaurant.
See you next time!
Contact Us Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation!
•••••••• Camera and Gear Used To Shoot The Above Video ••••••••
1. Canon SL2 with Kit Lens on Amazon
** Extra Canon EOS Battery
2. SLIK Sprint 150 Aluminum Tripod
3. Fovitec Studio Pro 600 LED Panel Bundle
4. Camtasia Video Editing Software
QUESTION — Have a question about Bar Design, Bar Equipment or Anything Else? Post in comments section of this video!
Cabaret Design Group on Social Media:
DISCLAIMER: The above video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!