When it comes to DIY bar design, what are the best methods to store bar glassware? Discover the top 6 design solutions for DIY design.
THE TOP 6 PLACES TO STORE BAR GLASSWARE
Many will recognize the glass rack shown in Figure 3 – it’s one of the most common methods of storing bar glassware. Many bars have as many as 10-12 types of glasses – not counting the multitude of wine glasses. Hence, glass storage and easy accessibility are critical to operating commercial bars. Since glass racks can’t possibly accommodate all this glassware, where are they normally stored? Here are the most typical traditional ways to store bar glasses:
- Drainboards – shown below in Figure 1, this is probably the most common method of storing bar glassware.
- Corner drainboards – as seen in Figure 2, this is exactly why corner drainboards are included in all our bar plans.
- Back Bar – shown in Figure 3, above the back bar top, glasses are also typically stored in chrome wire racks above.
THREE COMMON METHODS OF BAR GLASSWARE STORAGE
HOW TO MAXIMIZE THE USE OF THE CUBE
The above methods do not make entire use of the cube, which is mandatory for efficient bar design. Therefore, here are my top 3 favorite ways of storing bar glasses:
- Drainboard glass rack – as shown in Figure 4 (below), here’s the Glastender model DBGR24 drainboard glass rack, which holds two full racks of 20 glasses stored below the drainboard. This unit enables bartenders to remove and store clean racks straight out of the automatic glass washer, while also storing glasses on the drainboard above. This 24” x 24” unit can be purchased at HotelRestaurantSupply.com for under US$661.00
- Backbar glassrack – shown below in Figure 5 (similar to the drainboard glass rack), a unit such as the Glastender model BGS24 can hold four full racks of glasses and is intended for the back bar. This 24” x 24” stainless steel unit can be purchased at HotelRestaurantSupply.com for under US$818.00.
- Drainboard cabinet – another spinoff of the drainboard glass rack, the unit shown in Figure 6 is the Glastender DBCB-18. What I especially like about this idea is its ability to maximize the most of narrow spaces. Available with- or without a door and in other widths, this 18” x 24” stainless steel unit from HotelRestaurantSupply.com can be purchased for under US$645.00.
VARIETY OF LESSER-KNOWN UNDER BAR GLASSWARE STORAGE DEVICES
Automatic glass washers featuring a low-temperature rinse are best for serving draft beer, as the glasses will be ready for use immediately upon removal.
DOWNLOADS FOR THIS POST:
ADA GUIDE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Need Help with your bar plans?
GLASS WASHERS FOR BARS: BEST EQUIPMENT & MAINTENANCE
KEGERATOR DRAFT BEER SYSTEMS FOR HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
Custom Ice Balls with the Cirrus Press Cocktail Ice Machine
BEST LIGHTING PRODUCTS FOR BAR DESIGN
Bar Top Ideas – Sensitile Terrazzo for Unique Commercial Bar Design
WILSONART LAMINATES & QUARTZ FOR TONY ROMAS BAR DESIGN
What is the Best Foot Rail for Bars?
Most Popular Articles
INTEGRATED BAR DESIGN PROVIDES SINGLE-SOURCE CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
ERGONOMIC EFFICIENT BAR DESIGN INCREASES PROFITS
THE STANDARD BAR LAYOUT DIMENSIONS FOR DIY
HOW MUCH DO DRAFT BEER SYSTEMS COST?
WHAT IT COSTS TO BUILD A COMMERCIAL BAR
BAR EQUIPMENT COST TO BUILD A COMMERCIAL BAR
BAR DESIGN IDEAS – HOW TO DESIGN COMMERCIAL BARS FOR ADA
TOP LIST OF COMMERCIAL BAR DESIGN FINISHING IDEAS