HOW THE REMOTE BAR DESIGN PROCESS EVOLVED
Remote bar design is a modern process we offer to global customers. Designing bars for customers we’ve never met face-to-faced is the end-result of much technology. No doubt about it, the internet has made life much easier for consumers. Just think:
- Nowadays we pay our bills without the need for checks or the U.S. Postal Service.
- Amazon has become the world’s largest retailer and we order dinner, jukebox music and cab rides from our phones.
- For the most part, all this technology has made life easier and more efficient.
ECOMMERCE HAS ENABLED REMOTE BAR DESIGN
What’s the reason consumers have bought-in to the remote bar design process? Certainly, we’ve all become more trusting of technology. Companies who have built brand trust are making large decisions rather routine for consumers. During COVID, web-conferencing became the only method many companies had to keep themselves alive.
Why shouldn’t remote bar design offer people the same advantage? It already does! We’re definitely in-step with technology and in case you’re unaware, we’re building public trust by being near- or at the top of nearly every search category in our vertical market on Google and YouTube. We’ve also earned the respect and trust of numerous owners and architects. Of the countless bars we’ve designed over the past 14 years, I can’t recall the last facility I’ve seen before completing our work. With rare exception, technology has enabled us to bi-pass costly site visits. We successfully design bars for clients the world over and on rare occasion we’ll even see the completed project.
HOW THE REMOTE BAR DESIGN PROCESS WORKS
People’s acceptance of ecommerce has certainly helped us get to this point, but the question remains: ‘How does the remote bar design process work’? We have many options in commercial bar design:
Interactive Zoom video conference meetings are very popular with our clients.
- The most common method we use for remote bar design begins with an architect’s electronic AutoCAD file, with the general area for the intended bar.
- The next most common method is a scaled plan of the existing building. A PDF is our next best document for commencing the bar design.
- If the subject building is older and the owner has a blueprint, this is still a highly-reliable method. Simply have the blueprint scanned and emailed to us. The dimensional information may not be perfect, but we’ll identify the critical dimensions that will need to be confirmed.
- A hand-drawn sketch is our next most-reliable method. This is fairly common and easy to implement.
- Obviously, the subject sketch (shown below, left) didn’t provide much information, but at least it was a solid starting point.
- In these situations I generally prepare my own sketch, as shown at right. My sketch requested that the Owner’s general contractor confirm the measurements that I labeled.
- Photos are always helpful.
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR PLANNING
Subsequently, I was then able to move ahead and complete the bar design, shown in the plan (shown at right), as follows:
- Bar equipment plan.
- ADA bar accommodation.
- Architectural section views
- Bar equipment schedule.
- Manufacturer’s equipment cut sheets.
- Bar top sizes.
As you can see, we have many proven methods for establishing the size and all necessary details of your new bar.
BAR DESIGN TIP:
With our remote bar design process we can complete nearly any commercial bar design without a site visit.
DISCLAIMER: The above video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Need Help with your bar plans?
The Trick to Designing a Circular Island Bar and Back Bar
How to Design a Non-Alcohol Bar
Curved Bar Design – How to Design a Bar with Equipment
The Secret to Designing a Bar for a Pizza Restaurant
Top 5 Ideas about Bar Countertops
Small Bar Design Ideas and Tips
KEGERATOR DRAFT BEER SYSTEMS FOR HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
WILSONART LAMINATES & QUARTZ FOR TONY ROMAS BAR DESIGN
Most Popular Articles
INTEGRATED BAR DESIGN PROVIDES SINGLE-SOURCE CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
ERGONOMIC EFFICIENT BAR DESIGN INCREASES PROFITS
THE STANDARD BAR LAYOUT DIMENSIONS FOR DIY
HOW MUCH DO DRAFT BEER SYSTEMS COST?
WHAT IT COSTS TO BUILD A COMMERCIAL BAR
BAR EQUIPMENT COST TO BUILD A COMMERCIAL BAR
BAR DESIGN IDEAS – HOW TO DESIGN COMMERCIAL BARS FOR ADA
TOP LIST OF COMMERCIAL BAR DESIGN FINISHING IDEAS